Syrah lovers, pay attention. The Sangre was tasted after the Jonata Tierra 2005. Not taking anything away fro the Tierra, the Sangre was noticeably fuller-bodied. The fruit was still pure, giving way to some of the tertiary characteristics of and aged Syrah. It was mouth-filling, expansive on the palate, with velvety tannins, and quite a long finish.
- 98% syrah, 2% viognier
- 50% new French oak,and 50% neutral French oak
- 1499 Cases Produced
- "Same brooding nature and impenetrable color as the 04, but with differences in the flavor profile. Displaying the characteristics of our clone 383. Grilled meats and licorice dominate the nose, with a sturdy layer of black fruits underlying. Black pepper, baking spice, soy sauce and truffles. Pure and focused nose. Massive density, depth and intensity. Mouth-filling, almost chewy, sweet blackberry. Dense and ultra-concentrated with mouthwatering acidity. A beauty and the beast-like monster of a wine, with surprising refinement on the finish." Matt Dees, Winemaker
- 94 Points The Wine Advocate
- 96 Points The Rhône Report
- 94 Points Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar